(Report)４th Joint Conference between Osaka University Hospital and Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi.
Over the two days of December 2nd and 3rd in Bangkok, on beautiful sunny days, Center for Global Health, Department of Medical Innovation, Osaka University Hospital and the Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi cooperatively held the 4th Joint Conference under the theme of “Collaborating Research ~Past and Future~”.
The conference has been held with topics of Healthcare System and regenerative Medicine etc. The conference in this year was held at the Ramatibodi Hospital as a proof of our friendship and sustainable outcome throughout the past four years. It started with the opening remarks by Dr. Nopraenue Sajjarax Dhirathiti, Acting Vice President for International Relations and Corporate Communication, Mahidol University. She gave us welcome speech with English and Japanese Then, Prof. Ken Nakata, Director of the Center for Global Health, Osaka University Hospital, lastly Prof. Sirintara Singhara Na Ayudhaya, Deputy Dean for International Relations, faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital provided keynote speeches on the research collaboration, respectively.
Program of the symposium was described below. We invited speakers not only from Ramathibodi, but also those from Thailand and Japan who are in charge of research and development to share information on clinical research and regulations in each country.
All of the presentations were interesting and impressive, thankfully we received the voices from the venue saying “Oh, I learned quite well!”
渡利 彰浩 先生
We sincerely express our gratitude to the speakers, lecturers, audience and staff who organized the symposium.
We plan to conduct the next Osaka-Ramathibodi joint conference here in Osaka University, November 2020. We look forward to welcoming speakers from not only Ramathibodi Hospital but also affiliated institution in the Kingdom of Thailand and having you join us!
【December 2nd Day 1】
- Prof. Kazuyuki Yoshizaki; The Institute of Scientific and Industrial Research, Osaka University, Chairman of Japanese research group on Castleman disease and TAFRO syndrome
- Dr. Tawai Ngernsritrakul; Cardiologist and Consultant, Echocardiographic Laboratory, Ramathibodi hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand
- Assoc. Prof. Pranya Sakiyalak; Lecturer of Division of Cardio Thoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital
- Assoc. Prof. Chisa Tabata; Associate Professor, Center for Global Health, Department of Medical Innovation, Osaka University Hospital, Physician, Center for Human Reproduction and Gynecologic Endoscopy, Sanno Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
- Dr. Sirinthorn Chansirikarn; Deputy Hospice and Elderly Care : Research and Learning Center, Mahidol University, President, Alzheimer’s and Related Disorder Association Thailand, Consultant, Division of Geriatric Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital
- Dr. Sakan Bunnag; Director of the Sangkaran Sangkarawana Institute for the Elderly, Department of Medical Services
- Assoc. Prof. Varalak Srinonprasert; Head of Division of Geriatric Medicine, Dept. of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital
Medical Device Development & Regulation
- Dr. Akihiro Watari; Deputy Director, Medical Device Evaluation Division, Ministry of Health Labour and Welfare, Japan
- Mrs. Korrapat Trisarnsri; Director of Medical Device Control Division at Thai Food and Drug Administration
【December 3rd Day 2】
Real World Data
- Assoc. Prof. Toshihiro Takeda; Department of Medical Informatics, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine
- Prof. Ammarin Thakkinstian; Head, Section of Clinical Epidemiology & Biostatistics, Research Centre, Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital
- Dr. Pattanasak Mongkolwat; Dean of the Faculty of Information and Communication Technology, Mahidol University
Plenary Lecture by Dr. Hiroki Nakatani; Professor for Global Initiatives at Keio University, Specially Appointed Professor at Osaka University
- Assoc. Prof. Tsuyoshi Murase; Vice-chairman, Department of Orthopedics, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine
- Prof. Dr. Apichat Asavamongkolkul; Deputy Dean of Administration, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University
- Dr. Tatsuo Iiyama; Department of International Trial, National Center for Global Health and Medicine (NCGM), Japan
- Dr. Pitak Santanirand; Associate Professor. Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital
- Prof. Polrat Wilairatana; Deputy Dean for Value Creation; Head, WHO Collaborating Centre for Clinical Management of Malaria, Head, Critical Care Research Unit in Tropical Diseases, Department of Clinical Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University